Sunday, January 16, 2011

RawVolution, The Living Food Cuisine

Organic * Fresh * Alive * Vegan Raw
The advocacy of raw food as part of your diet has already gained adherently throughout the world. Health buffs and nutritionists are now promoting raw food diet as essential in improving your health. Yes! More and more people are now going into raw food.

The scientific basis for the contribution of raw food to improve your health is not to cook it. Elevated temperatures destroy certain properties in food and lead to the loss of nutritional benefits. One of these are the enzymes are best effective for the body when taken without subjecting them to destructive heat. Raw food may consist of fresh fruits and vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts, grains, beans, dried fruit, and seaweeds.

Thus, taking raw food eliminates certain illnesses, where prescription drugs have not been successful. It also helps in preventing the onset of potential health disorders.

Raw food can also be sourced from farm outputs which have not been subjected to synthetic fertilizers and/or pesticides. These are called organically grown produce. These products are also dairy/hormone-free, and contain no antibiotics, unlike certain meat and poultry produce grown on a commercial scale. Taking the raw food diet therefore, leads consumers to be free from accumulating toxins, hormones, and harmful chemicals in the body.


OWNER:
Cheloy Ignacio, Vegan Raw Food Chef and Health Coach

HOUSE SPECIAL:
Fettuccine Alfredo, Portobello Mushroom Steak with rosemary-garlic Mashed Potato and Cheloy's Asian Salad and Mock Salmon Pate

Green Smoothie:
Composed of green leafy vegetables like malunggay, saluyot, and talbos ng kamote mixed with almond milk to make it creamy.

LOCATION: 
15 Annapolis Street, GOLD Building, Greenhills, San Juan, Philippines

OPEN: Mondays to Saturdays, 10AM to 9PM.

EVENT:
The restaurant holds classes on raw food preparation. To inquire, EMAIL US!

HEAR IT FROM CHELOY:
At 19, I became pregnant and was diagnosed to have preeclampsia.  My sugar levels also shoot up from time to time.  As a result, my baby died two days before her due date.

Despite this sad experience, I still went on with the same lifestyle.  My blood pressure went up as high as 280/110 and was even confined several times.  At 23, I had a mild stroke.

I became a walking drugstore and regularly visited hospitals.  I took beta blockers for my blood pressure and medications for high cholesterol.  I even enderwent Lithotripsy to get rid of kidney stones and had occasional allergies with skin patches as big as one peso coin.  In addition to this, I had high liver enzymes, arthritis, pharyngitis, gastroentritis.  I also experienced hair loss and migraine attacks that would last for 3 days.  In most cases, I took headache medication only to suffer stomach side effects.  Having all these ailments eventually resulted to my application for health insurance.

Then one day, I told myself enough is enough. I wanted to wake up in the morning free of headaches and sickness.  I just wanted to wake feeling light, fresh and energetic..

I started reading more books and other materials about raw food.  I also read about medical and wellness practitioners' substantiated claims on the effectiveness of the raw food diet for the human body.  I was convinced and attended a raw food school to know more and see some evidence.

The rest, as they say, is history.  From a sickly person who always had bad mornings, I became healthy.  In just a matter of days, I was able to leave behind all those maintenance medications, early morning sickness, high sugar levels, dizziness and lack of sleep, high cholesterol readings, and everything that had made me feel always sick and tired.

The restaurant holds classes on raw food preparation, "Living On Live Food". To inquire, EMAIL US!

Looking for an ORGANIC FARM Lot / Tour / Training / Coop / CSR in the Philippines?   CONTACT US!!

Blog article courtesy of the RawVolution's Menu Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment

ASK here at activecultureclub.blogspot.com -OR-
EMAIL ActiveCulture@Ymail.com if you are looking for the following in the Philippines:
[1]Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Community Development Projects
[2]Cooperative movement or Kooperatiba
[3]Farm tours or Educational field trips
[4]Organic Farm training or Farm assistance
[5]Holistic Events or Team-building activities
[6]Environmental Resource Speaker
[7]Organic Agriculture Act of 2010 (RA 10068) or Ecological Solid Waste Management Act (RA 9003) materials
[8]Farm Lots