Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cogito Ergo Sum


Cogito ergo sum.. I think, therefore I exist -- is one of the philosophical statements I studied in college that induced thinking of human's existence. Originated from Rene Descartes, simple meaning is that if someone is wondering whether or not he exists, that is in and of itself proof that he does exist... ...

A lot of my lifetime is spent hoarding knowledge about new things like earthworms (?!), understanding how things go about --lifecyle of butterflies (?!), how things affect each other, the ecosystem. Every new learning goes to my hard database, i call MY LIFE NOTES.

My day to day experiences with people and other living beings-- from the trivial things: how watching a bug put a smile on my face OR what the clouds formed in the sky, to the more serioues: what transpired during the day and my reflections on them. All these i put in MY PERSONAL JOURNAL.

You see for me it's necessary to take time to pause, quiet down, enjoy the beauty of nature and be present with my god. I would write about how god speaks to me daily and review them later, kind of how people in a relationship do, read love letters over and over and over...

animal behavior,
human psychology,
personal discovery...
I pound my brain with these information until there is no more space in my brain to store data... ...

For me, understanding the minds (mine and otherwise) enhances one's self awareness, empower my life and the lives of people i interact with.

...this sum up to the philosophical statement that i lived with most of my lifetime, as Socrates said, THE UNREFLECTED LIFE IS not worth living --now think about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ASK here at activecultureclub.blogspot.com -OR-
EMAIL ActiveCulture@Ymail.com if you are looking for the following in the Philippines:
[1]Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Community Development Projects
[2]Cooperative movement or Kooperatiba
[3]Farm tours or Educational field trips
[4]Organic Farm training or Farm assistance
[5]Holistic Events or Team-building activities
[6]Environmental Resource Speaker
[7]Organic Agriculture Act of 2010 (RA 10068) or Ecological Solid Waste Management Act (RA 9003) materials
[8]Farm Lots