Monday, July 18, 2011

In My Dreams

 TRIBUTE TO A FRIEND

Dreaming about angels may mean you will hear of the health of friends, relatives...

Could be fanaticism but I have a certain degree of belief on the interpretation of dreams.  So one day when I looked up the meaning of my dream... You got a sense of what happened next?  I would squish at my sister calls.  Why?  She rarely calls me and if she does, it must be something urgent.

My sister, being the bearer of news of my mom's death, I would picture about my dad each time she calls.

This may be the prize i need to pay for living far away from home..

It never occurred to me that this dream was associated to my housemate. Perplexed, sometimes I would see death in her face, for no reason.. That must have been my angel speaking to me to pray for her but I did not understood.  Until the dreaded day came..

We have not seem my housemate for days.  Although lately she hasnt been reporting for work for a number of days each week.  This peculiar day, she did not reply our texts.  Until somebody else replied..

Her daughter.  To tell us that her mom committed suicide.

I didnt know what to feel.  Questions came running through my mind --WHY?

Years back, she fractured her hip upon jumping from a burning building.  She lived but was dying inside.

Being an active person, who spends ample time in Philippine outdoors, it was not easy getting a hip replacement [with titanium] and rely on crutches.  She would be in deep pain at times.

After her death we learned that she has been joking about killing herself or wanting to die.

Now it is no longer a joke..

It is no joke what our physically-challenged sisters and brothers feel about their situation.. Mocking them of their disability and making them feel less human is inconceivable.

There is this film I have seen a hundred times because of it's inspiring message. One of the lines I remember is related to this article --In Remember the Titans, the football team captain, Gerry Bertier, paralyzed from waist down after a car accident, replied "I'm hurtin' but I ain't dead" to an overly sympathetic coach.  In real life, his disability did not stop him from getting the gold medal in the wheelchair olympics for shot-put. Triumph over tragedy..

Our physically-challenged brethren needs to be treated as "able" just as anybody.. They dont want to pitied and especially let down.. Golden Rule says: Let's treat people just as you want to be treated.

Feeling sorry for yourself? Nick Vujicic was born without arms, or legs..  Be inspired by watching this video - Click this link. "When you fall down, God comes and give you the strength to get up and try again."

A friend once said to the youth, "Experience the Philippine outdoors, the life in our mountains, explore the world under --the seas..while you still can, because you do not know until when you can.."  Or, in another perspective, because you do not know until when there is --nature to see..  Let's take care of our Human body and the Earth body.

HOME  |  EDUC TRIP |  ORGANIC FARM |  KOOP |  RELATED LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment

ASK here at activecultureclub.blogspot.com -OR-
EMAIL ActiveCulture@Ymail.com if you are looking for the following in the Philippines:
[1]Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Community Development Projects
[2]Cooperative movement or Kooperatiba
[3]Farm tours or Educational field trips
[4]Organic Farm training or Farm assistance
[5]Holistic Events or Team-building activities
[6]Environmental Resource Speaker
[7]Organic Agriculture Act of 2010 (RA 10068) or Ecological Solid Waste Management Act (RA 9003) materials
[8]Farm Lots